Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Reel Birthday


This month marks the 4th anniversary of Reel Speak.

Reel Speak was created on a foundation of love for the movies; a torrid and heated love affair which began in a darkened theatre in the spring or summer of 1977. In 2010, this Blogger decided to share that passion for film with friends, family, fellow-moviegoers, newcomers, and whoever else happened to come along. Sharing that passion has always been a driving force behind Reel Speaks’ creed of Movies, Opinions, Education.

Although somewhat self-serving, this birthday is once again the perfect time to share this Blogger’s 20 reasons for loving the movies. This list of direct and indirect film references changes and evolves every year, but will always be the mechanism for what makes this humble Blogger tick; both online and off.

WHY I LOVE THE MOVIES

20. Because the trick is not minding that it hurts.
19. Because as far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a gangster.
18. Because a Jaguar Shark ate my best friend.
17. Because we will not walk in fear of one another.

16. Because of John Williams.
15. Because I have been, and always shall be your friend.
14. Because in space, no one can hear you scream.
13. Because Red October was hunted.
12. Because the only Virtue is Vengeance. A Vendetta.
11. Because Crom laughs at your four winds!

10. Because it’s a wonderful night for Oscar.
9. Because they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
8. Because Claire once wore angel wings.
7. Because no matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.
 

6. Because I will drink your milkshake.
5. Because if someone asks me if I’m a god, I say yes.
4. Because they needed a bigger boat.
3. Because there had to be snakes.
2. Because the Fellowship will not fail.
1. Because of what happened on May 25, 1977.







No comments:

Post a Comment

A few rules:
1. Personal attacks not tolerated.
2. Haters welcome, if you can justify it.
3. Swearing is goddamn OK.