Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Reel Birthday

Reel Speak is two years old today.

Earlier this month, a very passionate writer over at Badass Digest wrote a unique article which fleshed out his love for the movies. The concept was picked up by one of the better writers at Ain’t It Cool News who has encouraged others to “pay it forward”; almost a film-geek chain-letter where movie buffs can share the inspirations that keep them going back to the theatre.

The two-year anniversary of Reel Speak felt like the perfect time to share this Blogger’s inspirations. These are the Top 20 pieces of my movie history which inspire and get me out of bed every (goddamn) Tuesday morning…

WHY I LOVE THE MOVIES

20. Because those damn sandworms were up thirteen percent.

19. Because the Eighth Wonder of the World fell in love.

18. Because a Jaguar Shark ate my best friend.

17. Because the rum is always gone.

16. Because of John Williams.

15. Because I have been, and always shall be your friend.

14. Because in space, no one can hear you scream.

13. Because Red October was hunted.

12. Because the only Virtue is Vengeance. A Vendetta.

11. Because that dirty little coward shot Mr. Howard.

10. Because we will not walk in fear of one another.

9. Because they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.

8. Because Claire once wore angel wings.

7. Because as far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a gangster.

6 Because I will drink your milkshake.

5. Because if someone asks me if I’m a god, I say yes.

4. Because they needed a bigger boat.

3. Because there had to be snakes.

2. Because the Fellowship will not fail.

1. Because of what happened on May 25, 1977.

*

Thanks for reading over the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few rules:
1. Personal attacks not tolerated.
2. Haters welcome, if you can justify it.
3. Swearing is goddamn OK.