Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Reel Birthday



This month marks the 5th anniversary of Reel Speak. 


Reel Speak was launched on a foundation of love for the movies; a love affair which began in a darkened theatre in the spring or summer of 1977. In 2010, this Blogger decided to share that love with family, friends, and eventually strangers…all of whom have a similar passion for those silver screens and the stories they tell. Sharing that passion is certainly a two-way street, and from each other we learn and become inspired…and remember why we love film in the first place. 

This birthday is once again the perfect time to share this Blogger’s 20 reasons for loving the movies. This list of direct and indirect references has changed and evolved over the years, but serves as an excellent look at the man behind the curtain; for the movies you love and wear on your sleeves says a lot about you. 

WHY I LOVE THE MOVIES

20. Because the trick is not minding that it hurts.
19. Because as far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a gangster.
18. Because a Jaguar Shark ate my best friend.
17. Because we will not walk in fear of one another.
16. Because of John Williams.

15. Because I have been, and always shall be your friend.
14. Because in space, no one can hear you scream.
13. Because Red October was hunted.
12. Because the only Virtue is Vengeance. A Vendetta.
11. Because Crom laughs at your four winds!

10. Because it’s a wonderful night for Oscar.
9.  Because they made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
8.  Because Claire once wore angel wings.
7.  Because of The Dawn of Man
6.  Because I will drink your milkshake.

5.  Because if someone asks me if I’m a god, I say yes.
4.  Because they needed a bigger boat.
3.  Because there had to be snakes.
2.  Because the Fellowship will not fail.
1.  Because of what happened on May 25th, 1977. 



1 comment:

  1. And because, I suspect, you made yourself an offer you couldn't refuse.

    ReplyDelete

A few rules:
1. Personal attacks not tolerated.
2. Haters welcome, if you can justify it.
3. Swearing is goddamn OK.